Friday, November 9, 2012

yellow rambutan

This year 10 Nov 2012, the fruits are ripe. It is not fruiting well, I think it is at about 20% of it capability. Even with the low yield, it is more than our requirements. We brought back to Pahang.
Fruit- ripe on 10 Nov 2012 - nice and sweet
The yellow rambutan behind my house has started to flower about a month ago. At first I did not notice until my daughter point it out to me.

I cannot wait for the fruit to get ripe. It will take another 2 months. The fruit will be the yellow variety, one of the best that I come across. It is not to juicy and watery, it is sweet with the firm flesh.

Rambutan tree is one of the fruit bearing tropical trees. It will take about two years to start bearing fruit.

The tree does not grow too big. Mine is about 30 feet, but it can get bigger if you plant is from the seed.

The rambutan tree bears fruits every two years. However sometime you can have it every year, but it will not be too many fruits.

We always thought that the fruit is from Malaysian origin, because the name rambutan is a Malay word, come from the root word rambut means hairs. The fruit is full with hairy appearance.

Well I may be wrong, it actually takes three months for my yellow rambutan to ripe. Now on 30 Oct, three months after the flowering, the fruits are starting to turn yellow. It is not really fully ready, but I had tasted a few, they taste good. I may take another few weeks before they are fully ready.

Not all the fruit are yellow, some rambutan are still in it green color. They are still growing in size. When fully ripe, it will be more juicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment